- Learn Occitan
- Vocabulary Builder Occitan
Vocabulary Builder Occitan
IF your child’s face lights up when they see a brightly coloured picture, cuddly toy animal or a game, then this is for them. Vocabulary Builder Occitan is designed for kids who like to be entertained. It has lots of brightly coloured pictures and fun games to get your child hooked on learning. Adults love this program too!
Will it work for my child?
Vocabulary Builder Occitan is designed for children aged 4-12. It’s a simple piece of educational software that they’ll find easy to use. It’s fun, engaging and encouraging – even for children who are easily distracted.
No reading required. Vocabulary Builder is all based on spoken language and pictures, so children don’t have to be able to read in order to use it.
What will my child learn?
Vocabulary Builder covers some basic words and phrases. These have been chosen to be fun as well as useful. There are around 100 words in the program – just enough to get your child started without overloading them. The topics include colours, numbers, actions, professions and simple sentences with some prepositions.
Vocabulary Builder help languages
- Arabic (Egyptian)
- Berber (Tamazight)
- Canadian English
- Canadian French
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- English (American)
- Latin American Spanish
- Pidgin (Papua New Guinea)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Portuguese (European)
- Scottish Gaelic
- Swiss German
How does it work?
There are three different sections:
- Learn what the words mean with pictures accompanied by the spoken word.
- Three exciting memory games that get progressively harder. It’s this section where they really learn to recognise and remember words.
- Record your own story. Browse through the pictures and record the words you want to appear. You can compare your recording with a native speaker if you want. You can also string your story together with any words you want to put in, then watch your story played back on cinema screen followed by a big round of applause. This really gets them talking in a foreign language and you’ll be amazed how quickly they pick up the accent.
Notes for parents:
Biologically, the earlier a child is exposed to a second language the better – studies have proven that a young mind is more receptive than an older one. Learning Occitan will also improve your child’s ability in other languages.
Memory is greatly improved when accompanied by fun and laughter. That’s why we’ve included plenty of games for your child to enjoy. (For more info, see the science behind EuroTalk.)